Wednesday, December 26, 2007

me time

Hello from Vacationland. It's been a extremely nice treat to be on annual leave from work for 11 days straight. It's s plurge I was willing to cash in on. Hopefully I will return to work refreshed and renewed with a glimmer in my eye and a song in my step.

Sometimes the best part of having time off is not doing anything! Relaxing and catching up with people and ordinary things. A break from the hectic lives we've made for ourselves. I hope to take something away from this vacation and learn to slow down a little, say no a little more and make some time for me in my busy schedule. I'd like to schedule 1 or 2 nights a week that I make a date with myself to sew, read, scrapbook, watch a movie or just do something I want to do. When we lose time for the things we most enjoy, everything else takes more of a toll on us and the things we do not enjoy seem even more unbearable.

This year I vow to make some me time, how bout you?

No comments:

Post a Comment