Wednesday, September 15, 2010

It's winter already

It feels like we went from summer to winter, so much for buying that fall jacket...but it'll save me some dough. Settling into a routine and learning so much. It's been fun, nerve-racking and sweat-provoking to practice what I read in the texts. The community service newsletter is coming along nicely and I am making many community connections which makes this place feel more like a growing nest, rather than a still clean box. Our knowledge of places and people, restaurants and parks are merging and solidifying into a semi-coherent map we call "home?"

Starting to push myself a bit and make friends with new people, so I am proud of myself of getting out of my comfort zone. It seems very uncharacteristic for me to use that phrase...proud of myself, but I am glad because that's what I am. I feel mind mind growing, my vocabulary expanding and my stressed out self giving me a break and becoming more chill and happy. i miss that carefree girl. welcome back. this was definitely a good move for me and for Dre too.

a late dinner awaits, made with love by the best boyfriend in the world, who not only cooks me dinner, but waits to eat when i get home from school. :) life is good.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really glad that you're thriving! :) (Sorry I seem devoid of real commentary this evening.)

    ReplyDelete