Tuesday, November 4, 2008

vote

get out and vote.
Why?
  1. if for no other reason then to be able to bitch about who DID get in!
  2. because many people don't have that option!
  3. women fought a long time to earn the right to vote!
  4. b/c you don't have to own property anymore to be counted!
  5. b/c you don't have to be a white male anymore to vote!
  6. b/c it's kind of exciting in there!
  7. b/c you are a part of history when you vote
  8. b/c either way we've made history - either a black male president or a female vice president and that's pretty cool!
  9. b/c you can't change your mind tomorrow and decide you want to vote
  10. it's now or you have to wait 4 years! and 4 years is a long time!
  11. YOU MATTER!

I voted today. I waited in the line. I even disregarded the drunk at Rosie's who told me the election was rigged and soceity and the concecpt of society along with ALL humanity was DOOMED! I told him I tried not to think about those things. I also told him that i I ever did have thoughts like that I pushed them out of my head - that's too deep-weirdo-ness for me! Another beer please!

No comments:

Post a Comment