Last day at LGA. I've heard that one before... and a little leary due to the fact I still don't have a flight for tomorrow! Looking forward to being home and kickin' around. It will be nice not to talk about work all the time too! Last night was nice though, a wonderful Italian meal of gnnochi in a vodka sauce with 2 different cheeses. Mmmm and my favorite...sangria; red not white.
The food has been amazing here. I have seen more of New York and the boroughs than ever! I think I will miss it greatly. I have seen JW and JC more in the past 2 months than in many years past! I have had amazing adventures in food, drink, subway, and friends with 'Dre exploring Queens, Brooklyn, Jackson Heights, Manhattan and all it's little nooks and crannies, Corona, Flushings and College Point. I have spent money on purses from trashbags, food, drink, metro passes, passes to the MOMA, street vendors, tshirts, shoes, but mostly food for 2 (me and 'Dre).
JC and I had a picnic in Central Park Monday night; brie, club crackers, wasabi almonds, diet pepsi, fresh chipotle mango slices and of course gummi bears. Frisbee in the park until I started sweating. Had the biggest dirty martini at the boathouse afterwards. So big I didn't finish it! WOW. It was dark out and we found ourselves in the middle of Central Park, so we paid an African dude to pedal us on his bike to the subway. He was little, we were not! I think we wore him out. He was chuggin' along! When we got to our stop, he walked his bike to his next destination, never a good sign! Dinner at Dos Caminos, mmm real mexican food with homemade guac and white sangria, that food has heat! man!
I worry I will be bored when I return to my happy home, or left wanting more; not NYC, but maybe Boston or somewhere a little larger than P town. Even from states away, I can still feel the grumpy vibes from work! It's a shame.
Last night in the big apple and I have to work late! Good thing this city never sleeps! Drinks with K dawg tonight, whenever I get out and hopefully chinese take out and a 6er with JW. Quite a lovely send off I think.
The boy is making me dinner tomorrow night, I hope! I can't handle another meal out for awhile! Maybe we should cook breakfast Friday, Little Bookworm? What thinks you?
Two days ago you wrote this and I haven't read it? I'm way behind on EVERYTHING. I haven't heard from you! Are you home?? I've got to be cooking myself breakfast SOON! Like now, actually.
ReplyDelete