NYC/Queens. I survived my first week. I discovered the subway's not as scary as I remembered it; white people CAN be the minority, if you are in the right place; and a can of sardines is roomy compared o the 7 train on a Saturday night. You don't need to know a lot of spanish to know Americano means they are talking about you! I have never experienced so many people staring at me just because I was white! Found ourselves in Chinatown aka Flushing Queens and were trying to find an Italian restaurant. Sometimes it's easier to go with the flow than swim up stream! Chinese food it is. The best Chinese food I have EVER had! The kind of place where you order seafood and they grab it from a tank and slaughter it before they cook it up for you. That's fresh!
More later. sleep now. my heart hurts when it's pulling to Portland and upstate :(
I love reading your observations, especially "a can of sardines is roomy compared to the 7 train on a Saturday night." :)
ReplyDelete