a lot of people go through them, everyone in fact, but it's how you deal with them that define you. do you cope well with change? do you accept change with open arms? Or do you kick and scream until you get your own way, wondering why time just won't stay still? i used to be less flexible when it comes to changes, but really isn't LIFE change? some changes are good like a promotion, a healthier lifestyle, new experiences, road trips, a fresh snow that covers all the winter mud. if you're not changing and growing, you're not living. and please don't expect me to always be the same because i hope to continually learn new things and keep redefining myself. it could do us all some good!
current changes:
biking daily...actually buying a bike trainer so I can bike indoors! yay birthday money!
reading everything i can get my hands on
planning a trip to Sweden in June!
babysitting - taking care of actual babies (it's a great learning experience)
making wholesome, quality food to entice our meal options.
getting up earlier to embrace the day
spending money on things that will enhance my life, like the bike trainer, yummy fresh foods, oh and coffee!
There's this quote that I've liked since... middle school, I think. It's from My So-Called Life and goes something like this: "Real friends are the ones that have seen you change, that have let you change." And I remember thinking how relevant it was to that time period - middle school and high school. But what I'm realizing as I get older is exactly what you are saying in this post. Life is change. And the friends I have the strongest relationships with are the ones that let me change.
ReplyDeleteI guess that's a really long way of saying I agree. But I do. =) Great post.
love you em. good quote. how boring would we all be if we only ever ate cheese fries with jalapeƱos(me) or candy sandwiches (you) and never experienced anything else.
ReplyDeletehere's to life experiences.
this will be an on-going battle...call me and I shall fill you in
ReplyDelete