Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas time

I didn't think I could do it this year....all the shopping and cooking and baking and wrapping...and merriment. Thanksgiving and Christmas, followed by birthdays and holidays, not the same this year (<3 miss you). But, there is something to be said for routine; driving to the mall, shopping, and baking, your body goes into muscle memory or auto pilot.

In the middle of my Thesis and the rest of the world (if Christian, or a believer in Santa) was putting up their tree, decorating and enjoying the wonders of the season. I can't say I didn't envy them, but I enjoyed being a regular at the local coffee shop, instead of watching Christmas specials on TV, study dates to discuss the benefits of therapeutic interventions and theoretical schools of thought. Oh to be a Masters student...the holidays began for us Dec 16, the last day of finals. It started with a Christmas party and a marathon of tree decorating, shopping and baking. After a few days of listening to Christmas music non-stop, my mood has lifted and the presents are slowly being wrapped, but why rush we've got plenty of time....most years I haven't even started shopping until tonight :)

Merry Christmas to you. (or happy holiday).



1 comment:

  1. The latest I ever started shopping was 10:30 PM on Christmas Eve

    ReplyDelete