Less than 2 weeks until classes and my excitement is laced with nerves and tears. First visit to Naz as a resident of NY, well not according to the DMV, but as far as the postal service is concerned, we live in NYState.
You can accomplish a lot when you are organized. I got my books, went to Financial Aid and they will reimburse me next week, met my new boss, took care of my parking, security keychain and student ID card. Can I tell you how weird it is to have a student ID card again. I am excied about the discounts at movies, events, etc, even if it is only a few dollars. I introduce myself as a graduate student, from Maine. My prior self was from NY, upstate, not NYC, and I worked for the Federal Government.
enjoying Rochester, but things are quiet at night, even in the daytime. I guess I could put music on or soething, but it's not the same. *miss you* meeting some nice people and might join a group of girls who enjoy community service and organizing events. also interested in an art co-op! Of course classes and my grad assistanceship comes first. So some of these ideas might have to wait a semester.
i totally understand that feeling of a identity shift! oh that loaded question- where are you from?
ReplyDelete