Everything has been building up to this very moment since last fall when I started looking at graduate programs. I don't know if I ever thought this day would come. Maybe I thought I would never do anything with my BA in art, or maybe I was scared to even think it. To think I could be happy and be getting paid for it. Don't get me wrong, my non-art jobs were happy sometimes, learning experiences sometimes and sometimes I made them artsy to satisfy my hunger. Either way, they ave made me what I am today, whatever that is :)
Today I packed up my new LL Bean backpack with Theories of Art therapy, The DSM IV, The DSM Made Easy and The Art therapist's Primer...a new chapter begins. I have opted to make my lunch in the morning and paint my nails instead. I hate soggy sandwiches. I cleaned out my desk, picked out my clothes and realized I missed Orientation. Sad, yet I had inquired multiple times and will not bring this guilt with me to school tomorrow. Three hours of ice breakers is forgivable i think.
With an empty tank of gas and a new backpack filled with lunch and large books, I shall head off to Pittsford, NY and start my next adventure into he semi-known, college student...ahem, graduate student. Thought of the many first days and last days of school this evening. My dad and I used to go to McDonald's and I would order a "greasy thing" aka hash brown and some sort of breakfast and we would sit outside on the round picnic tables and I would fret about being too early or late and pace a bit, while my dad told me I should eat before it's time to leave. No McDonald's tradition tomorrow, but my dad and I both agreed that's a good thing. Strata in the morning, homemade by yours truly today, while I had no idea Orientation was going on. At least I know what's for breakfast... I think I shall get Dre to make the coffee tomorrow as I seemed to have problems forgetting the coffee part of it, oh well, hot water anyone?
I love that you have an L.L. Bean backpack! I guess I shouldn't be surprised by that... =) I used to love the juxtaposition of wearing an LL Bean backpack to school while carrying a travel mug of coffee. It's like "school days for adults..." Have a great day, I can't wait to hear about it! XO
ReplyDelete