Tuesday, August 10, 2010

week 1 in my new hometown

sometimes changes can be so overwhelming you don't know where to begin, even when the goodbyes are done the focus is still in the past. seeing all of your possessions in monotone cardboard boxes of varying sizes makes you wonder, what's inside? do I need that anymore, since I have been functioning without it for days, and finally where's the match?! i think i said that numerous times this move, where's the match? even after giving away our couch, TV, and grill, among other last minute dismissals, there was still too much for the U-haul. I knew it wouldn't be big enough when we ordered it. Sometimes it sucks to be right :)

currently co-habitating with ants. at least they know enough not to go into he bedroom. apparently they like the raid ant traps, possibly have built up a sort of immunity or acquired taste for it, however they are less numerous, yet even upsetting.

I have been sharing a bed with a "Bear," a giant bear that Dre won for me at Old Orchard Beach, complete with sand. I assuming it's him, as I wake up in a small pile of it each morning. If it's coming from me, we've got problems.

3 weeks until classes begin. I still need to setup my parking, ID card, graduate assistance-ship and safety key chain. A trip to school is in order this week!

must go be productive, not just creatively, but physically.

No comments:

Post a Comment